Last reviewed: October 2023
Welcome to Zoa's privacy notice.
This privacy notice provides information on how Zoa Technologies Ltd (Zoa) collects and processes your personal data when you visit our website to get in touch.
It is important that you read this privacy notice which contains information about our data processing.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices, please contact us at email@example.com
1. Important information and who we are
Zoa Technologies Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 14156824, and its registered office address at 25 Worship Street, London EC2A 2DX, is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
● Identity Data includes your name, job title and company you work for as entered into forms on our website, or when you email or otherwise contact us.
● Contact Data includes email addresses and telephone numbers as entered into forms on our website, or when you email us.
● Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
● Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
● Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
● Research Data comprises information and data collected during research Zoa is carrying out to gain insights into individuals’ energy usage experience and the potential use of Zoa’s products and services, and includes your name, age, gender, address, email address, phone number, personal background, feedback in the form of notes and responses to research questions, as well as audio and video recordings.
3. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
● To register your interest in our products and services.
● To manage your relationship with us.
● To improve our website, products/services, marketing or customer relationships.
● To recommend products or services which may be of interest to you.
● In the case of Research Data, for the purposes and in the manner set out in the Zoa Research Participation Agreement.2
4. How we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with external third parties such as our customer relationship management software providers, email and storage providers and other IT service providers.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. International transfers
Many of our external third parties are based outside the UK so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
● We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
● Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
6. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
7. Further details
If you are looking for more information on how we process your personal data including on data security, data retention and lawful processing bases, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.